Thursday, November 15, 2007

Olga Prepares to Battle the Thought Police





Yesterday, Olga was very indignant when she heard that the Metro officer had ordered me not to take photographs of the statues of the artists, writers, musicians and scientists featured in the Universityet Metro Station. When she met me this morning in the station she immediately suggested that I finish taking pictures of all of the statues. I said that it was okay, and I didn't mind, but she insisted, and then said, "If you are challenged again by the officer, I will ask him by what right he would deny you the privilege of taking photographs!" So I proceeded to take the remaining pictures, albeit with a wary glance over my shoulder should my Antagonist confront me again today. But my Protector, Olga, appeared ready to go to battle for me, and despite her diminuitive stature, she is a real fighter.




I finished my pictures, just as the Antagonist appeared in the archway. I was able to quickly take his picture to complete my set before he spotted me. The series is suitable for framing.

No comments: