Sunday, November 11, 2007

Holed Up in the Snowstorm




There was a light snowfall here overnight. I got up this morning and attended Church from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and emerged on the street to find myself in a real blizzard. I returned home immediately, and have been holed up here ever since. I have spoken two or three times by telephone this weekend to Olga. She had traveled out of the City yesterday to tend to the property at her Dacha, but was prevented from working too long because of yesterday's heavy rains. She also reports to me that this afternoon her large apartment building in the City experienced a blackout. She seemed very concerned to find out if I am okay, if I have food and if I have heat. Tomorrow will be an interesting adventure as I travel in this weather to my first teaching assignment at the Академії адвокатури України (Academy of Advocates).

No comments: