Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Opening Statement Presentations at the Economics University



This evening I heard eight outstanding opening statement presentations from the large class of law students at the National Economic University. The presenters were Kate, Alex and Andrei for the Prosecution, and Irina, Natalya, Tatyana (blonde), Tatyana (brunette--that is how I keep them separate in class), and Sergey. I gave the "Prosecutor's White Hat Award) to Kate and the "Bob Smith Black Hat Award" to the blonde Tatyana. All of the other presentations were impressive.


On balance, I believe that the class from Economics is our strongest this year, though there are brilliant individuals in the other schools. Teaching in this University in this fine mock trial room has been a highlight of my time in Kyiv.

No comments: