Monday, March 15, 2010

Sherut From Tel Aviv to Jerusalem


I rode from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by Sherut. The cost is 50 Shekels and the driver delivers you right to your destination. The driver and passengers were all very convivial, and let me borrow their cell phones several times to call my nephew, Max Stoneman, who was waiting to meet the green traveler when he arrived at French Hill in Jerusalem. On the drive I had a long, serious discussion with an Hassidic Jew by the name of Avraham Bamberger. He is originally from England, has lived in Israel for 13 years and has a young family. He is a scholar and the associate of one of the most renowned Rabbis in Israel. He took a great interest in me, even gave me his phone number telling me that he would be happy to assist me during my trip. We talked much of Jerusalem, the Temple and my work as a judge.

The driver delivered me to the north gate of the student housing area of Hebrew University, where Max met me.

No comments: