Sunday, February 28, 2010

The New Apartment






Well, its after midnight on my third day awake, and I can't sleep because my body is still on Mountain Standard Time (i.e., 3:00 in the afternoon), so I might as well post a few more comments.

Attached are pictures of the new apartment, which is directly across the street from St. Michael of the Golden Domes and the statue of the Baptizer. This should make a nice location from which to engage in my daily running (although, because I will be gone each week from Monday at 6:00 a.m. until Tuesday at 10:00 or 11:00 p.m. because of the teaching commitments in Kharkiv, my running in Kyiv may have to be on Wednesday through Saturday).

The only downside of the apartment so far is that it is a little cold--notwithstanding three radiators in the rooms. I suppose this is my just desserts for feeling too hot in the last apartment.


No comments: