Friday, November 9, 2007

The Adventure of the Lost Bling Bling Bag


As noted previously, Larissa from Austrian Airways, found me by the baggage carousel at the Kyiv Airport to tell me that my checked luggage had not yet arrived, but would do so sometime after 9:00 p.m. tonight. This is the suitcase which contained all of the nice little trinkets--the "Bling Bling"--that I intend to reward my students with over the next two weeks. This posed a dilemma for me, as I am so exhausted that I could fall asleep on the street. This evening I stayed awake as long as I could, then laid down to doze on and off while I waited for the return. The phone rang twice, causing me to jump up and try heroically to remember how to answer the phone and carry on an intelligent conversation in Russian. The first time it was Olga, calling out of concern for my lost suitcase. The second time it was Larissa herself, stating that the driver was "5 minutes away" with my case, and asking me what the pass code was for the street entrance to the building.


It is now 30 minutes later, and no one has yet arrived. The adventure (and total fatigue) continues.
P.S. It finally came an hour later. And now I get me to sleep.

No comments: