Saturday, March 13, 2010

Taking Leave of Kyiv


In a few hours I will be on a plane for Prague, and then connecting to another flight to the Holy Land. My time in Ukraine has, as before, been much too short to see and do all that would. This nation holds a special place in my life's experience, and I hope to return again. I have been inspired by the lives of many young law students who are as bright and hopeful as any young people I have met in the world. I have been thrilled to visit some of the great cultural treasures of the world. I have continued to learn all that I can about the history of this nation, its people, its religions and its culture. This has also been a place where I have made several major decisions in my life and have embarked on several new projects. For example, it was here in 2007 that I made the decision to start running again, which has reaped great blessings in my life as I have begun to attain robust health. For all of these reasons, Ukraine is sacred to me. And so, I can join with my friend Taras Shevchenko in affirming:

Світе тихий,
краю милий,
Моя Україно!

No comments: